Expression of Interest
Invitation to participate in the CARICOM-Dominican Republic Business Forum
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
March 21st – March 23rd, 2012
Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export), the CARIFORUM Directorate and the CARICOM Secretariat will be hosting the 2nd CARIFORUM-DR Business Forum from March 21st until March 23rd. 2012. This Business Forum will focus on creating awareness about the CARICOM-DR Agreement and to promote business opportunities among sectors that are readily positioned to do business in the European Union; while at the same time provide the necessary discussion platform to take on specific trade-related issues that affect regional trade. The forum will contribute to enhancing dialogue between Caribbean businesses leaders to impact the business and trade reform agenda in the Caribbean and to assist both Dominican and other CARICOM countries in reaping the benefits of the aforementioned Agreement. Specifically, discussions on the range of barriers affecting trade between CARIFORUM states and the European Union will be held. This meeting is funded with the assistance of the European Union in the framework of the 10th EDF.
Shortly before the CARICOM-DR Business Forum, three (3) firms from each country will be selected to participate in Business to Business (B2B) Meetings between CARICOM and DR firms. The objective of these meetings is to foster a business-conducive platform that leads to materialization of business opportunities between the stakeholder firms in various sectors.
CARICOM-DR firms that want and are able to participate in the forum must operate in one of the following sectors:
- Agro-Business and Agro-Processing; and
- Fashion industry
Interested persons must complete the attached Expression of Interest form and submit all required documentation to Caribbean Export. Submissions should be emailed to RThevenin@carib-export.com and DGomez@carib-export.com
For any questions please feel free to contact:
Ms. Romily Thevenin
c/o Caribbean Export Sub Regional Office
Calle Carlos de Lora No. 9
Ensanche Los Restauradores
Santo Domingo, D.N.
Mr. David Gomez
c/o Caribbean Export Head Office
Hastings Main Road
Expressions of interests must be submitted no later than March 9th, 2012.
Interested participants are also required to provide additional documentation with the Expression of Interest Form as follows:
• Letter of commitment stating why you think you are a strong and appropriate participant ;
• A company profile not exceeding two hundred (200) words
• An overview of your experience exporting regionally and/or internationally Criteria Firms must
• Be a Registered Company or Business Name in CARICOM or Dominican Republic
• Be in operation for at least two years
• Demonstrate business growth and profitability
• Have sufficient financial and human resources to secure and maintain export orders
• Comply with relevant international standards (if applicable)
• Have sound financing to support follow up activities
• Have sound internal systems in place to respond to export demands
• Demonstrate awareness about market conditions in the intended export market(s)
• Demonstrate a clear strategy for implementing its export strategy