TTCSI Position – 3 Year Contract
JOB TITLE: Team Lead, International Trade and Research Unit
JOB SUMMARY: Lead technical activities by undertaking secondary research involving Market Research, Sectoral Reports, Economics, Labour Market Assessments, Trade in Services, Trade Agreements and Market Intelligence among other things.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the Research and Trade agenda of the TTCSI
- Provide technical support to the CEO
- Project manage cross functional teams that are conducting technical and developmental work for the TTCSI
- Conduct and perform sectoral analyses using survey tools and research methodologies. Knowledge of SPSS and Stata is desirable.
- Conduct research on and analyses of policy documents.
- Design surveys based on lobbying and advocacy demands of members of the TTCSI.
- Conduct background research to assist with the preparation of policy positions.
- Assist in identifying official development assistance for projects and developing proposals to secure funding.
- Compile analytical reports using data from verified sources and statistical databases.
- Prepare presentations and speeches.
- Attend meetings to represent the interests and views of the Coalition.
- Assist in the execution of projects and project coordination specifically in the areas of administration, budgets and monitoring and evaluation.
- Respond to the strategic and relevant needs of the organisation’s membership.
- Assisting in all tasks related to research initiatives, particularly in the form of literature searches, processing/compiling data, data analysis and report writing.
- Participating and contributing to the development of project proposals specifically for grant and donor funding from national and international bodies and reports for the TTCSI.
- Write articles and/or position papers.
- Respond to the strategic and relevant needs of the members in providing statistics and/or information.
- Contribute to the development of revenue generating activities.
- Attend meetings on and behalf of the CEO and represent the CEO on national / regional committees.
- Any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in Economics or International Trade Policy (Preferred)
(or International Relations)
- At least 5 years’ experience in Research at a Business Support Organisation