TTCSI Position – 3 Year Contract
JOB TITLE: RESEARCH, TRADE AND POLICY OFFICER
JOB SUMMARY: To assist the TTCSI in its technical activities by undertaking secondary research involving Market Research, Sectoral Reports, Economics, Labour Market Assessments, Trade in Services, Trade Agreements and Market Intelligence among other things.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct and perform sectoral analyses using survey tools and research methodologies. Knowledge of SPSS and Stata is desirable.
- Conduct research on and analyses of policy documents.
- Design surveys based on lobbying and advocacy demands of members of the TTCSI.
- Conduct background research to assist with the preparation of policy positions.
- Assist in identifying official development assistance for projects and developing proposals to secure funding.
- Compile analytical reports using data from verified sources and statistical databases.
- Prepare presentations and speeches.
- Attend meetings to represent the interests and views of the Coalition.
- Assist in the execution of projects and project coordination specifically in the areas of administration, budgets and monitoring and evaluation.
- Respond to the strategic and relevant needs of the organisation’s membership.
- Assisting in all tasks related to research initiatives, particularly in the form of literature searches, processing/compiling data, data analysis and report writing.
- Participating and contributing to the development of project proposals specifically for grant and donor funding from national and international bodies and reports for the TTCSI.
- Write articles and/or position papers.
- Respond to the strategic and relevant needs of the members in providing statistics and/or information.
- Contribute to the development of revenue generating activities.
- The RTP Officer will attend meetings and represent the CEO on national / regional committees.
- Any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in Economics or International Trade Policy (Preferred) (or International Relations)
- Experience in Research will be an asset.
SKILLS AND CORE COMPETENCIES THAT THE RTP ASSISTANT WILL ACQUIRE ON THE JOB:
- Proven excellent analytical, report writing, and organisational skills
- Excellent research, report writing and documentation skills
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills including good coordination and effective working relations with stakeholders and other colleagues
- Excellent planning and time management skills and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Research Methodologies
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications